From: Simon Stelling <blubb@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Request for changes to GLEP 41
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2005 18:42:26
1 Kurt Lieber wrote:
2 >>However, the council asked for it, and so it was changed. And the council
3 >>didn't ask for this on his own, they were just reflecting the majority of
4 >>devs, so we'll have to accept that.
7 > If there's one thing I've learned in my tenure with this project is that
8 > there is no such thing as a majority of devs. We never have the majority
9 > agree on *anything*. So, I don't think that statement is accurate.
10
11 Heh, that's a valid point.
12
13 > Not trying to be pedantic, but the notion that the majority of Gentoo
14 > support(s|ed) GLEP 41 is one that I believe to be incorrect.
15
16 I've never said (that I think that) the majority supports GLEP 41. In fact, i
17 think the vast majority bluntly doesn't care about it at all, as they aren't
18 affected by it anyway. However, of those who gave feedback on the first draft, a
19 majority said "we need a subdomain". Those who thought that a subdomain would be
20 a bad idea didn't step up at that moment (including me), at least if I recall right.
23 Simon Stelling
24 Gentoo/AMD64 Operational Co-Lead
25 blubb@g.o
26 --