From: Kurt Lieber <klieber@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Request for changes to GLEP 41
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2005 18:19:41
1 On Sat, Nov 19, 2005 at 07:07:01PM +0100 or thereabouts, Simon Stelling
2 wrote:
3 > However, the council asked for it, and so it was changed. And the council
4 > didn't ask for this on his own, they were just reflecting the majority of
5 > devs, so we'll have to accept that.
6
7 If there's one thing I've learned in my tenure with this project is that
8 there is no such thing as a majority of devs. We never have the majority
9 agree on *anything*. So, I don't think that statement is accurate.
10
11 Not trying to be pedantic, but the notion that the majority of Gentoo
12 support(s|ed) GLEP 41 is one that I believe to be incorrect.
13
14 --kurt