From: "Chris L. Mason" <clmason@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] ANN: broken-up kde ebuilds (aka 'emerge kmail')
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2004 18:51:11
1 On Tue, 19 Oct 2004 19:26:13 +0200, Dan Armak <danarmak@g.o> wrote:
2 > Hi all,
3 >
4 > Perhaps the oldest request of Gentoo KDE is to have individual ebuilds for all
5 > KDE apps - konqueror, kmail etc. Most people will probably never use over
6 > half the stuff 'emerge kde' installs, and it's hardly Gentooish to force it
7 > on them.
8 >
9 > I've spent the last few years pointing out to various people why this couldn't
10 > be done (well). Eventually I got really tired, so we did it.
11 >
12 > So without further ado, I point you to http://kde-metaebuilds.berlios.de/ and
13 > the more detailed explanations there. Brought to you by Simone Gotti
14 > <motaboy@g.o> and yours truly.
17 Awesome, great job!  I'll definitely be using this once I get Linux
18 working on my iMac G5. I hope you manage to get it into portage.
19
20 Thanks,
23 Chris
26 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list