From: Grant Goodyear <g2boojum@g.o>
To: net-mail@g.o
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] mailwrapper
Date: Mon, 08 Mar 2004 20:20:22
1 Dear all,
2 Today I added *BSD's mailwrapper program to Portage (after doing a bit
3 of porting so that it works on linux). You can find a readable
4 description of this program at
5 http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/mail-changingmta.html#AEN30548
6 (although I've changed the defaults to be more Gentoo-friendly).
7 Ideally, I would like to have mailwrapper installed by default, with
8 each MTA installing a mailer.conf.MTA file. If the system did not
9 already have a mailer.conf file, then the first MTA to be installed
10 would also create an /etc/mailer.conf symlink that pointed to its
11 mailer.conf.MTA file. Comments/complaints?
12
13 Thanks,
14 g2boojum
15 --