From: Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Re: .la files and their future on Gentoo
Date: Fri, 08 Oct 2010 14:23:54
1 On 07-10-2010 08:21:19 +0200, Diego Elio Pettenò wrote:
2 > Do note: I have nothing against using a single function to wrap around
3 >
4 > find "${D}" -name '*.la' -delete
5 >
6 > it works pretty nicely also to avoid removing them for the eventual
7 > platforms needing them (that is, if Prefix is interested in keeping them
8 > around for any platform at all).
9
10 Maybe it is necessary for our static-libs only platform(s).
11 In any case, a switch that can e.g. also be controlled through a profile
12 sounds like a nice thing if you people are going to push this forward.
16 Fabian Groffen
17 Gentoo on a different level