From: Mart Raudsepp <leio@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] About ALLARCHES
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2017 16:11:52
1 Ühel kenal päeval, T, 24.01.2017 kell 09:55, kirjutas Matthew Thode:
2 > So, to be clear, we need to wait for an AT to mark stable for one
3 > arch
4 > on an ALLARCHES package.  Once that is done any dev can mark the rest
5 > of
6 > the arches stable.
7
8 Currently this seems to be resulting in broken deptrees for arches that
9 don't have a stable profile. arm64 in particular.
10 But I'm not fully sure that's a bad thing yet. As a concrete example,
11 newer setuptools was stabilized on arm64 per ALLARCHES, but the
12 previous stable used bundled dev-python/pip still, while this newly
13 stabilized one depends on the system one. However arm64 doesn't have
14 any dev-python/pip stable, so that's now broken.
15 If it had a stable profile, the stablebot would point this out at least
16 to the maintainer to put depends in place, of course repoman would yell
17 too.
18
19 I think this is fine, we'll just need to clean up as unstable profile
20 ourselves, but maybe this shouldn't be done, not sure.
21
22 I will be working on getting some arm64 profiles stable, I just hope
23 the breakage doesn't happen faster than I can catch up (plus ~arm64
24 first for me...).
25
26 Anyhow, I guess the point is to not forget to run repoman when doing
27 this ALLARCHES commit :)
31 Mart