From: Pete Gavin <pete@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Customize a ebuild before compiling
Date: Thu, 09 Aug 2001 14:14:38
1 Hi Hendrik,
2
3 This is basically the premise behind USE variables, but its
4 non-interactive and provides consistency throughout the system. So,
5 for example, xemacs will only provide X11 support if the "X" USE
6 variable is set, or Xaw will be used if "xaw" is in USE. This doesn't
7 really allow extremely fine-tuned customizations, but occaisionally,
8 if I really need to, I'll do ebuild unpack, then configure stuff the
9 way I want it, then do ebuild compile merge. This is definitely
10 cheating though :)
11
12 Pete
13 <alkaline@g.o>