From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] The Seed Project - Try 2
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 03:13:41
1 On Wednesday 20 September 2006 22:43, Chris White wrote:
2 > 1) Weekly summary of the project provided about Saturday my time, as that's
3 > about the only guaranteed free time I can provide
4
5 for a project just getting started, seems like a lot ... but i'm not part of
6 said project so i cant really say
7
8 > 2) Working with both sides to produce a logical GLEP. People are wondering
9 > whether or not we need one, let's make everyone happy and provide one on
10 > the spot for people to have.
11
12 here's a better idea: dont write one
13
14 > 3) Mirror storage seemed to be an issue. There are plenty of offerings
15 > from the adopt-a-dev project for bandwidth and server space that I think
16 > could be utilized to suit this and let release engineering utilize the
17 > official space for their releases.
18
19 isnt it an issue only once you have something to actually release ? some
20 people may prefer to lay infrastructure first, but i'd rather let something
21 prove itself out so that infrastructure is laid and then not ever utilized
22 (not to imply anything about this project's future)
23
24 > 4) Providing release engineering with extra help through bug wrangling and
25 > usage of some of my hardware for future release testing. This would also
26 > involve familiarizing myself with the catalyst system, the release
27 > engineering project in general, and a general idea of related projects
28 > around it.
29
30 if you're going to be using a tool, then it's only logical that you'd be
31 submitting bugs and/or fixing it yourself
32 -mike