From: Marius Mauch <genone@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] fix binary debug support, part elevenity billion 1/2
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2006 20:30:01
1 On Sun, 22 Jan 2006 14:45:34 -0500
2 Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > On Saturday 21 January 2006 23:12, Marius Mauch wrote:
5 > > Mike Frysinger wrote:
6 > > > On Sunday 15 January 2006 01:11, Mike Frysinger wrote:
7 > > >
8 > > > - we add an emerge flag (say '--debug-build') which adds
9 > > > "debug-build" to FEATURES
10 > >
11 > > IMO this is pointless and redundant.
12 >
13 > its purpose is to handle cases where user wants to always have a
14 > package built in this manner (ferringb mentioned it as a possibility
15 > and someone else mentioned they would like it)
16
17 I meant the option is redundant if it just triggers a feature setting,
18 as it's the same as `FEATURES=debug-build emerge foo`
23 In the beginning, there was nothing. And God said, 'Let there be
24 Light.' And there was still nothing, but you could see a bit better.