From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: My masterplan for git migration (+ looking for infra to test it)
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2014 06:39:59
1 >>>>> On Mon, 15 Sep 2014, Rich Freeman wrote:
2
3 > I'll add this to the next Council agenda. I think this is ripe for
4 > discussion. The last discussion of this really wasn't aimed at git
5 > anyway.
6
7 Some of the arguments back then were that a) ChangeLogs are aimed at
8 users, so they don't necessarily contain the same information as the
9 commit log (i.e. could be seen as NEWS files) and b) that it should be
10 possible to edit them, for example, to correct typos or wrong bug#
11 references.
12
13 I fail to see how anything of this would depend on the underlying VCS
14 used.
15
16 Ulrich