From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] [Policy change] Package masking of live ebuilds
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2020 19:53:11
1 The devmanual says about live ebuilds:
2
3 | CVS ebuilds must be either with empty KEYWORDS or package.masked
4 | (but not both). Empty KEYWORDS are strongly preferred. This applies
5 | to "live" ebuilds (-9999) and to ebuilds that extract a static
6 | revision but still use CVS for fetching.
7
8 As of today, I count 2123 live ebuilds in the Gentoo repository with
9 empty KEYWORDS and 1 (one) ebuild with non-empty KEYWORDS but
10 package.masked.
11
12 So, can we finally make empty KEYWORDS mandatory and drop the part
13 about package.masking?
14
15 Ulrich
16
17 [1] https://devmanual.gentoo.org/ebuild-writing/functions/src_unpack/cvs-sources/index.html
18 (Yes, there really should be a chapter about Git sources ...)