From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: File collisions
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2007 11:22:24
1 On Fri, 2007-04-20 at 09:06 +0200, Rob C wrote:
2 > Arch teams normally have collision-protect enabled when doing
3 > keywording/stabling....in my eyes this is sufficient.
4 >
5 > V-Li
8 > Its obviously not, Many users are reporting file-collisions on a
9 > weekly basis. So either this isn't sufficient or the arch teams are
10 > not acting as you describe.
11
12 ...or there's thousands of packages not going through the arch teams
13 because they haven't had new versions in $forever or the maintainer has
14 never asked for any version to go stable. Again, I ask everyone to quit
15 being so confrontational and quit trying to prove other people wrong or
16 otherwise try to be argumentative just for the sake of being
17 argumentative. We really don't need such behavior in what is supposed
18 to be a cooperative community.
21 Chris Gianelloni
22 Release Engineering Strategic Lead
23 Alpha/AMD64/x86 Architecture Teams
24 Games Developer/Council Member/Foundation Trustee
25 Gentoo Foundation