From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Monthly Gentoo Council Reminder for April
Date: Thu, 03 Apr 2008 12:46:48
1 On Thu, 03 Apr 2008 14:44:45 +0200
2 Patrick Lauer <bugs@××××××××××××××××××××××.org> wrote:
3 > and then, from that design space, select the option(s) that have the
4 > best behaviour. If you get bored you can read the not-yet-GLEPs
5 > robbat2 has written with the help of a few others, which would cut
6 > out a large part of the discussion:
7 > http://viewcvs.gentoo.org/viewcvs.py/gentoo/users/robbat2/tree-signing-gleps/
8
9 Uh... Which signing system did you think we were discussing when we
10 started talking about signing the tree?
11
12 > But if you don't trust anyone there is no reason why you would even
13 > try to interact with Gentoo. So at some point you will have to decide
14 > to arbitrarily trust a few entities, be it devs or servers or
15 > cryptographic keys ...
16
17 Uh huh, which is what my original reply to Mike was all about.
18
19 We're way ahead of you here...
22 Ciaran McCreesh