From: Joonas Niilola <juippis@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] New QA policy suggestion: Disallow "live-only" packages
Date: Tue, 03 Nov 2020 08:28:18
1 On 11/3/20 10:10 AM, Michał Górny wrote:
2 > I'm with you on this though I think it should be relaxed to disallow
3 > only long term presence of pure live packages. It's fine to add a live
4 > ebuild first for a month or two if you're still working on something
5 > (just like it's fine to add a masked package). However, it's not fine
6 > to leave things like this for years.
7 >
8 > That said, maybe the policy should cover 'long-term masked packages'
9 > in general. See below.
10 >
11 Initially Arfrever suggested the same, I wasn't a fan of it because I
12 believe it's much simpler to make this into a pkgcheck/repoman check
13 like this.
14
15 However with pkgcheck maybe a similar logic can be used as is used with
16 StableRequestCheck. So no objections there I guess.
17
18 -- juippis

OpenPGP_signature.asc application/pgp-signature