From: Alin Nastac <mrness@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] cleaning out 'bc' and 'ed' from system
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2005 17:16:04
1 Spider wrote:
2
3 >btw, both ed and bc is used in a lot of configure scripts, more than I
4 >care to remember ( I believe that things like enlightenment had calls to
5 >it...) so replacing this involves you doing a very massive regression
6 >test. Have fun.
9 why would anyone prefer using ed instead sed in scripts is beyond my
10 comprehension.
11 those packages should have their RDEPEND fixed. nothing we can't manage.
12
13 anyway, it wasn't me the one who wanted this packages removed from
14 system. I only supported the idea, which imo is a Good Thing.