From: Defresne Sylvain <sylvain.defresne@××××.fr>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Smalltalk/X
Date: Sun, 09 Jun 2002 05:41:29
1 Hello
2
3 > I don't understand. Does this mean that those packages cannot be
4 > download from the original url but only from your mirror. This
5 > solves a problem, but raises other: if the package is not in the mirrors,
6 > or the mirror is down, or the package is not yet in CVS ?
7 > This means that while I'm writing the package I cannot test it
8 > completly (at least not the download) until it is copied to the mirrors.
9 > What SRC_URI should I put in the .ebuild ? Only
10 > http:/nowhere/${PN}-${PV}.tar.gz ?
11
12 From what I've undertood of the portage code, it first try to download
13 the tarballs from the mirrors (those that are mentionned by GENTOO_MIRRORS
14 variable in /etc/make.conf). If it can't be found on those mirrors, it
15 then it download it from the original place (as indicated by the SRC_URI
16 variable in the ebuild).
19 Defresne Sylvain