From: Marius Mauch <genone@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] User support system [WAS: Sunrise contemplations]
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2006 22:14:18
1 On Wed, 16 Aug 2006 18:11:24 +0200
2 Enrico Weigelt <weigelt@×××××.de> wrote:
3
4 > * Thomas Cort <tcort@g.o> schrieb:
5 > > You should look for existing tools which could be enhanced before
6 > > suggesting a new one. `bugz post` (from www-client/pybugz) allows
7 > > you to submit a new bug report from the command line. Why don't you
8 > > go and patch that to do all of the automated things you want it to
9 > > do and then come back and show us?
10 >
11 > I personally dislike python, and I'm not skilled enough in this
12 > language. So I'm not the right one for coding @ pybugz.
13 > But I'm working on my own tool, written in java. It's not very
14 > good yet (currently can only file new bugs), but it's from ground up
15 > independent from the actual tracker software (drivers for virtually
16 > any issue tracker could be plugged in). If anyone likes to have a
17 > look at it, please drop a note to me.
18
19 Well, if you want this to be a default tool on Gentoo then java is not
20 really an option (possible options are C, C++, bash, perl or python
21 where bash and python are the preferred options).
22
23 Marius
28 In the beginning, there was nothing. And God said, 'Let there be
29 Light.' And there was still nothing, but you could see a bit better.