From: Mike Gilbert <floppym@g.o>
To: Gentoo Dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Cc: devmanual <devmanual@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] The demotivating process of contributing to devmanual
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2019 21:22:33
1 On Tue, Oct 15, 2019 at 4:59 PM Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o> wrote:
2 >
3 > On Tue, 2019-10-15 at 16:47 -0400, Mike Gilbert wrote:
4 > > On Tue, Oct 15, 2019 at 4:35 PM Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o> wrote:
5 > > > Hello, everyone.
6 > > >
7 > > > I'd like to highlight a major problem with devmanual. For a basic
8 > > > policy & developer documentation thingie, it's quality is so-so at best.
9 > > > A lot of stuff is missing, lots of things are outdated or even
10 > > > incorrect. Not many people are contributing, and those who try quickly
11 > > > resign.
12 > >
13 > > Maybe you should join the project? Especially if you are making major
14 > > contributions.
15 >
16 > Are you suggesting that I join the project and start committing without
17 > review, or disregarding review? I have serious doubts on joining
18 > the project if I am repeatedly proven to be doing things wrong --
19 > whether the issues were serious or not.
20
21 I'm suggesting that if you are unhappy with the current way a project
22 operates, it is easier to change it if you are a project member.
23
24 Also, if you need someone to review something, maybe ping people you
25 know will give useful feedback. I'm usually happy to do a review if
26 requested personally.