From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: devmanual <devmanual@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] The demotivating process of contributing to devmanual
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2019 20:59:55
1 On Tue, 2019-10-15 at 16:47 -0400, Mike Gilbert wrote:
2 > On Tue, Oct 15, 2019 at 4:35 PM Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o> wrote:
3 > > Hello, everyone.
4 > >
5 > > I'd like to highlight a major problem with devmanual. For a basic
6 > > policy & developer documentation thingie, it's quality is so-so at best.
7 > > A lot of stuff is missing, lots of things are outdated or even
8 > > incorrect. Not many people are contributing, and those who try quickly
9 > > resign.
10 >
11 > Maybe you should join the project? Especially if you are making major
12 > contributions.
13
14 Are you suggesting that I join the project and start committing without
15 review, or disregarding review? I have serious doubts on joining
16 the project if I am repeatedly proven to be doing things wrong --
17 whether the issues were serious or not.
20 > > Most of my pull requests were apparently approved, so they might be
21 > > finally merged some day.
22 >
23 > I believe all devs have push access to that repo, so you could just
24 > push the changes yourself if there are no reasonable objections.
25
26 I never realized that.
29 > Minor mistakes happen, and can be corrected after the fact.
33 Best regards,
34 Michał Górny