From: Mike Gilbert <floppym@g.o>
To: Gentoo Dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Cc: devmanual <devmanual@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] The demotivating process of contributing to devmanual
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2019 20:47:52
1 On Tue, Oct 15, 2019 at 4:35 PM Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o> wrote:
2 >
3 > Hello, everyone.
4 >
5 > I'd like to highlight a major problem with devmanual. For a basic
6 > policy & developer documentation thingie, it's quality is so-so at best.
7 > A lot of stuff is missing, lots of things are outdated or even
8 > incorrect. Not many people are contributing, and those who try quickly
9 > resign.
10
11 Maybe you should join the project? Especially if you are making major
12 contributions.
13
14 > Most of my pull requests were apparently approved, so they might be
15 > finally merged some day.
16
17 I believe all devs have push access to that repo, so you could just
18 push the changes yourself if there are no reasonable objections.
19
20 Minor mistakes happen, and can be corrected after the fact.