From: "Harald van Dijk" <truedfx@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Ebuilds for packages without a homepage?
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 07:15:06
1 What's the right thing to do with an ebuild's HOMEPAGE variable if there
2 is not any homepage? Different packages have different approaches for
3 this; some don't have any HOMEPAGE line (dev-util/cdecl), some set
4 HOMEPAGE to the empty string (app-i18n/kon2), possibly with a comment
5 following it (app-i18n/kcc), and some set HOMEPAGE to some string that's
6 obviously not a URL such as "none" (app-doc/xmltoman) or "I HAVE NO HOME
7 :(" (app-text/dos2unix). There don't seem to be any guidelines in the
8 docs, either official or unofficial, other than to put a link to the
9 freshmeat page or something similar, which isn't possible in my case
10 because there is no freshmeat page or anything similar that I know of,
11 so what should I do?