From: Marco Morales <soulse@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Ebuilds for packages without a homepage?
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 18:05:10
1 I think "none" could be the better workaround imho.
2
3 On Tue, Oct 25, 2005 at 09:12:42AM +0200, Harald van D??k wrote:
4 > What's the right thing to do with an ebuild's HOMEPAGE variable if there
5 > is not any homepage? Different packages have different approaches for
6 > this; some don't have any HOMEPAGE line (dev-util/cdecl), some set
7 > HOMEPAGE to the empty string (app-i18n/kon2), possibly with a comment
8 > following it (app-i18n/kcc), and some set HOMEPAGE to some string that's
9 > obviously not a URL such as "none" (app-doc/xmltoman) or "I HAVE NO HOME
10 > :(" (app-text/dos2unix). There don't seem to be any guidelines in the
11 > docs, either official or unofficial, other than to put a link to the
12 > freshmeat page or something similar, which isn't possible in my case
13 > because there is no freshmeat page or anything similar that I know of,
14 > so what should I do?
19 Marco Morales <soulse@g.o>
20 Gentoo Linux Developer
21
22 "Imagination is more important than knowledge."
23 - Albert Einstein