From: Alexis Ballier <aballier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Please move your packages to virtual/jpeg
Date: Tue, 09 Nov 2010 14:29:46
1 On Sunday 07 November 2010 16:51:16 Jory A. Pratt wrote:
2 > As some of you are aware libjpeg-turbo is in the tree, with v8 support.
3 > We will not keyword for any archs until we officially add the 1.1
4 > release that is not avaliable as of yet. If we all use virtual/jpeg we
5 > can ensure that the user has the right to determine what version of jpeg
6 > they wish to use.
7
8 do you want all maintainers to run s:media-libs/jpeg:virtual/jpeg: ?
9 you'll save everyone's time by doing it yourself, or is there some kind of
10 testing to do before converting ?
11
12 A.