From: Samuli Suominen <ssuominen@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Please move your packages to virtual/jpeg
Date: Tue, 09 Nov 2010 14:38:27
1 On 11/09/2010 04:29 PM, Alexis Ballier wrote:
2 > On Sunday 07 November 2010 16:51:16 Jory A. Pratt wrote:
3 >> As some of you are aware libjpeg-turbo is in the tree, with v8 support.
4 >> We will not keyword for any archs until we officially add the 1.1
5 >> release that is not avaliable as of yet. If we all use virtual/jpeg we
6 >> can ensure that the user has the right to determine what version of jpeg
7 >> they wish to use.
8 >
9 > do you want all maintainers to run s:media-libs/jpeg:virtual/jpeg: ?
10 > you'll save everyone's time by doing it yourself,
11
12 Think it more like 'call for extra help', we'll eventually convert
13 everything anyway...
14 but if maintainers (other developers) decide they want to help, it's
15 just a plus and things will go faster
16
17 > or is there some kind of testing to do before converting ?
18 >
19 > A.
22 At least compile testing against libjpeg-turbo. Runtime testing is a plus.