From: Paul de Vrieze <gentoo-user@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Minor kde2 ebuilds needed?
Date: Sat, 14 Dec 2002 22:22:53
1 On Saturday 14 December 2002 21:02, Dan Armak wrote:
2 > Hello,
3 >
4 > So I'm asking our users & other developers for their opinion on this. Are
5 > there any objections to not adding kde2 app ebuilds (of course there might
6 > be exceptions for important stuff, but as a general rule) on these grounds?
7 > Does anyone want such stuff?
8
9 I agree with you on the assessment on the "being dormant" of the projects.
10 Personally I also only use kde-3
13 > As a followup question: who uses kde 2.2.2 at all on Gentoo, and why? I
14 > don't propose removing kde2 and existing kde2 app ebuilds from portage, I'm
15 > just curious.
16 >
17 > (I'm not posting on gentoo-user because I'm not subscribed there; someone
18 > please forward this there, we might as well have a big discussion as
19 > possible and close this issue once and for all.)
20
21 Maybe an option would be to have people (Not you Dan) port the apps to kde-3
22 as for most apps it isn't that troublesome at all.
23
24 Paul
27 Paul de Vrieze
28 Junior Researcher