From: "Andreas K. Huettel" <dilfridge@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] USE flags dri, cups, pppd
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2013 13:56:40
1 Summarizing this thread:
2
3 > * move setting USE=dri from default/linux/make.defaults to
4 > targets/desktop/make.defaults
5
6 +1 by dilfridge, djc, kensington, vapier, pesa, hwoarang
7 chitanh, titanofold, zerochaos wants to keep this in default profile
8
9 ===> done because it's still 2:1 (see remark at bottom)
10
11 > * move setting USE=cups from default/linux/make.defaults to
12 > targets/desktop/make.defaults
13
14 +1 by dilfridge, djc, kensington, vapier, pesa, titanofold, dolsen
15
16 ===> done, pretty much unanimous
17
18 > * remove setting USE=pppd in default/linux/make.defaults, instead have it
19 > default to on in net-dialup/capi4k-utils (the only place where it is used)
20
21 +1 by dilfridge, djc, kensington, vapier, pesa, yngwin
22
23 ===> done, pretty much unanimous
24
25 We definitely need a better way to come to a consensus about such decisions.
26 Distilling everyone's intent out of the bikeshedding is a pain. I'll come up
27 with a separate e-mail about this and some suggestions soon... (or do it
28 yourself, but PLEASE start a separate thread!)
31 Andreas K. Huettel
32 Gentoo Linux developer
33 dilfridge@g.o
34 http://www.akhuettel.de/