From: "Chí-Thanh Christopher Nguyễn" <chithanh@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] USE flags dri, cups, pppd
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2013 15:22:44
1 Andreas K. Huettel schrieb:
2 >
3 > Summarizing this thread:
4 >
5 >> * move setting USE=dri from default/linux/make.defaults to
6 >> targets/desktop/make.defaults
7 >
8 > +1 by dilfridge, djc, kensington, vapier, pesa, hwoarang
9 > chitanh, titanofold, zerochaos wants to keep this in default profile
10 >
11 > ===> done because it's still 2:1 (see remark at bottom)
12
13 I must say that I am unhappy about this. The packages in question should
14 not be built with dri disabled unless you really *really* know what you
15 are doing.
16
17 > We definitely need a better way to come to a consensus about such decisions.
18 > Distilling everyone's intent out of the bikeshedding is a pain. I'll
19 come up
20 > with a separate e-mail about this and some suggestions soon... (or do it
21 > yourself, but PLEASE start a separate thread!)
22
23 2:1 after two days on -devel and no indication that the number of
24 developers chiming in would be used for decision making.
25 If consensus was not required for this decision, then why bother
26 reaching it at all?
29 Best regards,
30 Chí-Thanh Christopher Nguyễn