From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] USE flags dri, cups, pppd
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2013 15:30:23
1 On Sun, Jan 20, 2013 at 10:22 AM, Chí-Thanh Christopher Nguyễn
2 <chithanh@g.o> wrote:
3 > Andreas K. Huettel schrieb:
4 >>
5 >> Summarizing this thread:
6 >>
7 >>> * move setting USE=dri from default/linux/make.defaults to
8 >>> targets/desktop/make.defaults
9 >>
10 >> +1 by dilfridge, djc, kensington, vapier, pesa, hwoarang
11 >> chitanh, titanofold, zerochaos wants to keep this in default profile
12 >>
13 >> ===> done because it's still 2:1 (see remark at bottom)
14 >
15 > I must say that I am unhappy about this. The packages in question should
16 > not be built with dri disabled unless you really *really* know what you
17 > are doing.
18
19 ++
20
21 It seemed like most who were knowledgeable suggested disabling dri was
22 a bad move. I think it is required for kernel-modesetting among other
23 things. Why would somebody install xorg and not use dri?
24
25 Rich