From: Brian Dolbec <dolsen@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] USE flags dri, cups, pppd
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2013 16:07:48
1 On Sun, 2013-01-20 at 10:30 -0500, Rich Freeman wrote:
2
3 > It seemed like most who were knowledgeable suggested disabling dri was
4 > a bad move. I think it is required for kernel-modesetting among other
5 > things. Why would somebody install xorg and not use dri?
6 >
7 > Rich
10 Since I'm not so knowledgeable about it, I didn't vote on this specific
11 issue.
12
13 But, doesn't your point above very strongly suggest that IUSE=+dri
14 should be set on those pkgs irregardless of where/if the dri USE flag
15 should be set in some profile. With that in place, then moving it to
16 the desktop profile from the base wouldn't be bad, would it?
17 --
18 Brian Dolbec <dolsen@g.o>