From: "Chí-Thanh Christopher Nguyễn" <chithanh@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] USE flags dri, cups, pppd
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2013 17:03:43
1 Brian Dolbec schrieb:
2 > But, doesn't your point above very strongly suggest that IUSE=+dri
3 > should be set on those pkgs irregardless of where/if the dri USE flag
4 > should be set in some profile.
5
6 We can either set it in the base profile, then there is no need for
7 IUSE="+dri". Or we can set it in every single ebuild that has the dri
8 flag. I prefer the former because it reduces our maintenance burden.
9
10 > With that in place, then moving it to
11 > the desktop profile from the base wouldn't be bad, would it?
12
13 If we have it as IUSE default, it can be removed from the profiles
14 entirely. Having it only in the desktop profile is not good in any
15 scenario I can think of.
18 Best regards,
19 Chí-Thanh Christopher Nguyễn