From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: Steven Elling <ellings@×××××.com>
Cc: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Some suggestions
Date: Tue, 09 Sep 2003 20:11:53
1 On Mon, 2003-09-08 at 20:10, Steven Elling wrote:
2 > Boom! Case in point:
3 >
4 > Read the mail titled __[gentoo-user] "The Gentoo Way" see'ing linux with new
5 > eyes!!__ from Joshua Banks <l0f33t@×××××.com> on the gentoo-user mailing
6 > list dated 2003-09-07 22:09:25.
7 >
8 > The e-mail is long but Joshua ran etc-update used -3 and auto merged
9 > /etc/make.conf without realizing what he was doing. More than likely all
10 > of his setting are gone. If one user has done it, you know plenty of
11 > others have as well.
12
13 I did this myself last week by accident. Actually, I ran -5, when I
14 wanted to do a -1. I had a long day that day. Luckily for me, I had a
15 backup make.conf lying around that I restored, otherwise I would have
16 been pretty peeved.
19 Chris Gianelloni
20 Developer, Gentoo Linux
21 Games Team