From: Donnie Berkholz <spyderous@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Official overlay support
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2006 11:13:09
1 Stuart Herbert wrote:
2 > The confusion is probably because, in the original vision statement, I
3 > said that these things would only happen for overlays setup by, and
4 > for, official projects. I wanted a disctinction between who could
5 > commit to overlays run by projects, and who could commit to overlays
6 > run by individual developers.
7 >
8 > However, if the concensus is that we want non-devs to be able to
9 > commit to individual developer overlays too, we'll make that possible.
10
11 Ah, now it's clear. I didn't understand that distinction earlier, and I
12 could deal with this proposal.
13
14 But it seems rather artificial to me, and I suspect some devs might
15 enjoy contributions to their non-topical overlays.
16
17 Thanks,
18 Donnie