From: Stuart Herbert <stuart.herbert@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Official overlay support
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2006 11:04:57
1 Hi Donnie,
2
3 On 3/23/06, Donnie Berkholz <spyderous@g.o> wrote:
4 > I don't think I'm understanding your intent here, because I've read
5 > things two different ways. My main goal is to allow easy contribution by
6 > non-devs, via allowing them to commit directly to some overlay. How is
7 > that possible in your vision?
8
9 That's possible because
10
11 a) non-devs can be given commit access to the overlay's svn/a.n.other repository
12 b) non-devs can be given create/edit access to the overlay's wiki / GuideXSL
13
14 I do this already for the overlays I host on svn.gnqs.org. I can't
15 migrate those overlays to overlays.g.o if we don't grant non-dev
16 commit access!
17
18 The confusion is probably because, in the original vision statement, I
19 said that these things would only happen for overlays setup by, and
20 for, official projects. I wanted a disctinction between who could
21 commit to overlays run by projects, and who could commit to overlays
22 run by individual developers.
23
24 However, if the concensus is that we want non-devs to be able to
25 commit to individual developer overlays too, we'll make that possible.
26
27 Best regards,
28 Stu
31 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list