From: "Robin H. Johnson" <robbat2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] Reinstating old-school GLEPs masterplan
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2017 18:26:29
1 On Mon, Sep 11, 2017 at 01:29:38PM -0400, Michael Orlitzky wrote:
2 > Will it be possible to build the GLEP rst files locally, and view the
3 > output exactly as it would appear on the website? I ask because, so long
4 > as you don't want to be able to preview the result, you can already
5 > write MediaWiki markup into a text file locally. The offline "live
6 > preview" ability is the killer feature of RST as I see it.
7 Yes, this capability existed in the old CVS repo, along with the glep.py
8 tool that was part of dev-python/docutils.
9
10 'make' was sufficient to trigger the build. It would be nice to ensure
11 that the HTML build process was still easily accessible.
12
13 glep.py was a tiny wrapper for rst2html.py, which should be even easier
14 to get working now, since it can take arguments rather than needing
15 python overrides.
18 Robin Hugh Johnson
19 Gentoo Linux: Dev, Infra Lead, Foundation Asst. Treasurer
20 E-Mail : robbat2@g.o
21 GnuPG FP : 11ACBA4F 4778E3F6 E4EDF38E B27B944E 34884E85
22 GnuPG FP : 7D0B3CEB E9B85B1F 825BCECF EE05E6F6 A48F6136