From: Mike Gilbert <floppym@g.o>
To: Gentoo Dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] About merging "ayatana", "indicator", "libindicate", "appindicator" in one global USE flag
Date: Mon, 06 Apr 2020 16:11:23
1 On Mon, Apr 6, 2020 at 9:23 AM Pacho Ramos <pacho@g.o> wrote:
2 >
3 > El jue, 02-04-2020 a las 16:28 +0200, Pacho Ramos escribió:
4 > > Hello,
5 > >
6 > > I was reviewing about how to enable globally on my system the usage of
7 > > libappindicator and I realized that we have multiple names for that in the
8 > > tree.
9 > > "ayatana" is the only global one, while other packages are using "indicator",
10 > > "libindicate", "appindicator"...
11 > >
12 > > Personally I would merge all them in only one, and I wonder if maybe
13 > > "indicator"
14 > > or "appindicator" would be more meaningful for most users than "ayatana", what
15 > > do you think?
16 > >
17 > > Thanks
18 >
19 > Personally I would opt for global "appindicator" as it seems to be more widely
20 > used and I think it is a bit more self-explanatory :/
21
22 Sounds reasonable to me.