From: Pacho Ramos <pacho@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] About merging "ayatana", "indicator", "libindicate", "appindicator" in one global USE flag
Date: Mon, 06 Apr 2020 13:23:53
1 El jue, 02-04-2020 a las 16:28 +0200, Pacho Ramos escribió:
2 > Hello,
3 >
4 > I was reviewing about how to enable globally on my system the usage of
5 > libappindicator and I realized that we have multiple names for that in the
6 > tree.
7 > "ayatana" is the only global one, while other packages are using "indicator",
8 > "libindicate", "appindicator"...
9 >
10 > Personally I would merge all them in only one, and I wonder if maybe
11 > "indicator"
12 > or "appindicator" would be more meaningful for most users than "ayatana", what
13 > do you think?
14 >
15 > Thanks
16
17 Personally I would opt for global "appindicator" as it seems to be more widely
18 used and I think it is a bit more self-explanatory :/