From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o, gentoo-licenses@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Removal of the as-is (so-called) license
Date: Sun, 25 May 2014 14:41:10
1 >>>>> On Mon, 19 May 2014, Ulrich Mueller wrote:
2
3 > So, as soon as the remaining packages are fixed, I am going to
4 > remove the deprecated as-is license from the Portage tree.
5
6 Finally, all done! There is some remaining cleanup (see bug 436214),
7 but no ebuild has "as-is" in its LICENSE variable any more. Therefore,
8 I have removed the licenses/as-is file from the Portage tree.
9
10 The full statistic:
11
12 702 packages with "as-is" have been updated in total, starting in
13 September 2012. Their license information was changed to:
14
15 390 free software licenses:
16 71 GPL-* / LGPL-* (possibly plus additional free licenses)
17 175 BSD / BSD-2 / HPND / ISC / MIT / public-domain
18 19 metapackage
19 125 other free
20
21 270 non-free licenses:
22 15 EULA license group
23 81 all-rights-reserved (no license)
24 27 freedist / free-noncomm
25 147 other non-free
26
27 42 packages last-rited
28
29 Thanks to all developers and users who have helped with updating and
30 auditing of packages, especially to the members of the licenses team
31 for helpful discussions in some of the more complicated cases.
32
33 Ulrich