From: Marius Mauch <genone@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] ML changes
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 22:35:11
1 On Thu, 12 Jul 2007 17:43:57 -0400
2 Seemant Kulleen <seemant@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > On Thu, 2007-07-12 at 13:24 -0700, Mike Doty wrote:
5 > > All-
6 > >
7 > > We're going to change the -dev mailing list from completely open to
8 > > where only devs can post, but any dev could moderate a non-dev
9 > > post. devs who moderate in bad posts will be subject to moderation
10 > > themselves. in addition the gentoo-project list will be created to
11 > > take over what -dev frequently becomes. there is no requirement to
12 > > be on this new list.
13 > >
14 > > This will probably remove the need for -core(everything gets leaked
15 > > out anyway) but that's a path to cross later.
16 > >
17 > > We're voting on this next council meeting so if you have input, now
18 > > would be the time.
19 > >
20 > > --taco
21 >
22 > My only comment for now is: why not just make -core read only, but
23 > public, and leave -dev as it is? That way we don't have to muck
24 > around with deprecating lists and introducing new ones.
25
26 I have to agree, the idea sounds simply like you want to rename -core
27 to -dev and -dev to -project, with the moderation added to make it
28 appear somewhat open.
29
30 Marius
33 Marius Mauch <genone@g.o>