From: Seemant Kulleen <seemant@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] ML changes
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 21:48:46
1 On Thu, 2007-07-12 at 13:24 -0700, Mike Doty wrote:
2 > All-
3 >
4 > We're going to change the -dev mailing list from completely open to where only
5 > devs can post, but any dev could moderate a non-dev post. devs who moderate in
6 > bad posts will be subject to moderation themselves. in addition the
7 > gentoo-project list will be created to take over what -dev frequently becomes.
8 > there is no requirement to be on this new list.
9 >
10 > This will probably remove the need for -core(everything gets leaked out anyway)
11 > but that's a path to cross later.
12 >
13 > We're voting on this next council meeting so if you have input, now would be
14 > the time.
15 >
16 > --taco
17
18 My only comment for now is: why not just make -core read only, but
19 public, and leave -dev as it is? That way we don't have to muck around
20 with deprecating lists and introducing new ones.
21
22 Thanks,
23
24 Seemant