From: drobbins@g.o
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] problem building linux-2.4.1_pre8.ebuild
Date: Mon, 05 Feb 2001 19:04:56
1 On Mon, Feb 05, 2001 at 06:11:27PM -0700, Pete Gavin wrote:
2
3 > > Our default tabstop for ebuilds is 4.
4 >
5 > Ok... do you want tabs inserted wherever the indents are more than 8
6 > spaces? I normally just use spaces for the whole thing.
7
8 Try to use tabs if you can -- and you should be able to :).
9
10 > > The sys-kernel/linux and sys-kernel/linux-sources ebuilds should be kept
11 > > in-sync. When you make changes to one, copy the file to the other directory
12 > > (changing the file name from "linux" to "linux-sources" or vice-versa.) The
13 > > ebuild will auto-detect whether it's a "linux" or "linux-sources" and react
14 > > appropriately.
15 >
16 > Sure thing. But, why don't we just use symlinks for this? Do they not
17 > work w/ cvs?
18
19 I haven't tried committing a symlink, but I have a pretty good feeling that it
20 would commit the file the symlink points to rather than the symlink itself.
21
22 Best Regards,
25 Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
26 President/CEO http://www.gentoo.org