From: Pete Gavin <pete@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] problem building linux-2.4.1_pre8.ebuild
Date: Mon, 05 Feb 2001 18:11:27
1 On Mon, Feb 05, 2001 at 05:56:00PM -0700, drobbins@g.o wrote:
2 >
3 > BTW, here are a few things you need to know:
4 >
5 > Our default tabstop for ebuilds is 4.
8 Ok... do you want tabs inserted wherever the indents are more than 8
9 spaces? I normally just use spaces for the whole thing.
10
11 > The sys-kernel/linux and sys-kernel/linux-sources ebuilds should be kept
12 > in-sync. When you make changes to one, copy the file to the other directory
13 > (changing the file name from "linux" to "linux-sources" or vice-versa.) The
14 > ebuild will auto-detect whether it's a "linux" or "linux-sources" and react
15 > appropriately.
16
17 Sure thing. But, why don't we just use symlinks for this? Do they not
18 work w/ cvs?
19
20 Pete