From: drobbins@g.o
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] problem building linux-2.4.1_pre8.ebuild
Date: Mon, 05 Feb 2001 17:56:00
1 On Mon, Feb 05, 2001 at 05:44:58PM -0700, Pete Gavin wrote:
2
3 > Wow... I just had to make a bunch more changes to linux-2.4.0.11-r3.ebuild to
4 > make LVM compile properly. I've marked them off with comments if you wanna
5 > take a look at them.
6
7 OK, thanks. In earlier ebuilds, we actually changed the /usr/src/linux symlink
8 on the raw filesystem so that the reiserfs-utils would compile correctly. Now
9 that they're in a separate package, we don't temporarily change the
10 /usr/src/linux symlink and we need to be careful about things like this. I
11 just noticed that the symlink trick is gone from our current ebuild -- I'll
12 make sure that things use the right sources from now on.
13
14 BTW, here are a few things you need to know:
15
16 Our default tabstop for ebuilds is 4.
17
18 The sys-kernel/linux and sys-kernel/linux-sources ebuilds should be kept
19 in-sync. When you make changes to one, copy the file to the other directory
20 (changing the file name from "linux" to "linux-sources" or vice-versa.) The
21 ebuild will auto-detect whether it's a "linux" or "linux-sources" and react
22 appropriately.
23
24 Keep up the excellent work, :)
27 Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>