From: Pete Gavin <pete@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] problem building linux-2.4.1_pre8.ebuild
Date: Mon, 05 Feb 2001 18:38:47
1 On Mon, Feb 05, 2001 at 05:56:00PM -0700, drobbins@g.o wrote:
2 > OK, thanks. In earlier ebuilds, we actually changed the /usr/src/linux symlink
3 > on the raw filesystem so that the reiserfs-utils would compile correctly. Now
4 > that they're in a separate package, we don't temporarily change the
5 > /usr/src/linux symlink and we need to be careful about things like this. I
6 > just noticed that the symlink trick is gone from our current ebuild -- I'll
7 > make sure that things use the right sources from now on.
10 There are 2 solutions to this that I can think of:
11 1) add "-I${S}/include" to HOSTCFLAGS in the top level makefile in the
12 kernel source tree; or
13 2) pass a whole new HOSTCFLAGS variable to make whenever you build in
14 the main linux source tree.
15
16 I'm actually testing out approach 2 on my system right now. I just
17 copied the HOSTCFLAGS variable out of the top level Makefile and tacked
18 on -I${S}/include, and then passed that back into the Makefile.
19
20 The reason I want to make absolutely certain that the current linux
21 source tree is used is because that way a) no conflicting headers are
22 used, and b) so that the linux package can be built w/o even having any
23 linux package installed at all.
24
25 Pete