From: 320095285153-0001@t-online.de (Achim Gottinger)
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] problem building linux-2.4.1_pre8.ebuild
Date: Mon, 05 Feb 2001 18:01:03
1 drobbins@g.o wrote:
2
3 > On Mon, Feb 05, 2001 at 05:44:58PM -0700, Pete Gavin wrote:
4 >
5 > > Wow... I just had to make a bunch more changes to linux-2.4.0.11-r3.ebuild to
6 > > make LVM compile properly. I've marked them off with comments if you wanna
7 > > take a look at them.
8 >
9 > OK, thanks. In earlier ebuilds, we actually changed the /usr/src/linux symlink
10 > on the raw filesystem so that the reiserfs-utils would compile correctly. Now
11 > that they're in a separate package, we don't temporarily change the
12 > /usr/src/linux symlink and we need to be careful about things like this. I
13 > just noticed that the symlink trick is gone from our current ebuild -- I'll
14 > make sure that things use the right sources from now on.
15 >
16 > BTW, here are a few things you need to know:
17 >
18 > Our default tabstop for ebuilds is 4.
19
20 Hmm I still use 8 over here since I am to lazy to change that in every editor I
21 use.
22
23 achim :-)
27 > The sys-kernel/linux and sys-kernel/linux-sources ebuilds should be kept
28 > in-sync. When you make changes to one, copy the file to the other directory
29 > (changing the file name from "linux" to "linux-sources" or vice-versa.) The
30 > ebuild will auto-detect whether it's a "linux" or "linux-sources" and react
31 > appropriately.
32 >
33 > Keep up the excellent work, :)
34 >