From: Marek Szuba <marecki@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Stabilizations and src_test
Date: Sun, 12 Apr 2020 09:12:29
1 On 2020-04-12 09:43, Agostino Sarubbo wrote:
2
3 > If you work on the stabilization workflow you may have noticed that:
4 >
5 > - There are people that rant if you don't run src_test against their packages;
6 > - There are people that rant if you open a test failure bug against their
7 > packages and you block the stabilization.
8 >
9 > So, unless there will be a clear policy about that, I'd suggest to introduce a
10 > way to establish if a package is expected to pass src_test or not.
11
12 My first reaction was "not against this, even though I personally very
13 much try (as in, that I occasionally fail or forget) to make sure even
14 unstable ebuilds I push into the tree pass all tests on amd64", having
15 thought about it more however it feels like lowering quality standards
16 for stable arch trees. Test failures in ~arch are one thing but I would
17 be somewhat suspicious of stabilising anything which fails tests unless
18 it is a known (as in, known to the upstream) issue with no easy solution.
19
20 There is also the slight image problem which could arise from a user
21 running tests themselves and reporting the failure back to us, with the
22 "I thought this was supposed to be *stable*, guys?" undertone.
23
24 In summary, I am not entirely decided but leaning towards continuing to
25 always run tests during stabilisation.
28 Marecki