From: Luis Medinas <metalgod@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Default useflag cleanups: -apm -foomaticdb -fortran -imlib -motif -oss -xmms
Date: Mon, 05 Jun 2006 20:07:52
1 On Mon, 2006-06-05 at 21:22 +0200, Wernfried Haas wrote:
2 > On Mon, Jun 05, 2006 at 07:03:57PM +0200, Stefan Schweizer wrote:
3 > > today I would like to propose a few default keywords for removal. They are
4 > > outdated and no longer needed on current systems:
5 >
6 > What do you want to remove, the use flags themselves or just turn them
7 > off in the profiles?
8 >
9 > > -xmms - xmms depends on gtk-1 and has been superseeded by audacious/bmpx
10 >
11 > xmms is still in the tree? People (ok, at least me ;-) ) still use it?
12 > I don't mind if it has to go and there are alternatives, but why would
13 > you just want to remove its use flag and not the package itself?
14 > If it needs to go, either dump all of it or nothing.
15 >
16 Xmms will be removed soon... Lot's of users still use xmms mostly
17 because it has many plugins that others don't. Xmms is still stable but
18 the upstream is dead so it won't take our patchset. In the end of this
19 year i would like to remove xmms and all plugins but before i need to
20 prepare users for this changes and clean some maintainer-wanted bugs for
21 plugins.
26 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list