From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] ${PORTDIR}/profiles/package.use
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 02:28:06
1 On Thursday 20 October 2005 10:19 pm, Dave Nebinger wrote:
2 > >> > i still dont see how this addresses the nocxx / USE=-*
3 > >>
4 > >> noFOO is used because "FOO" is on by default, and noFOO turns it off.
5 > >> AutoUSE is the same way, package bar is included in the buildplan and to
6 > >> have sane defaults, certain flags are turned on.
7 > >
8 > > that was a great explanation however irrelevant it may have been
9 > >
10 > > i guess we will have to make 'nocxx' a special case as we strip all other
11 > > 'no*' USE flags from portage
12 >
13 > Sorry, guys, but isn't that what "-FOO" is supposed to be for? If we
14 > already have support for "-FOO", why then do we need a "noFOO" also?
15 >
16 > Or is there some distinction I'm missing here?
17
18 you're missing the fact that if we change 'nocxx' to 'cxx' then everyone who
19 uses '-*' in their USE flags will emerge their gcc without C++ support
20 -mike
21 --
22 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list