From: Dave Nebinger <dnebinger@××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] ${PORTDIR}/profiles/package.use
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 02:21:31
1 >> > i still dont see how this addresses the nocxx / USE=-*
2 >>
3 >> noFOO is used because "FOO" is on by default, and noFOO turns it off.
4 >> AutoUSE is the same way, package bar is included in the buildplan and to
5 >> have sane defaults, certain flags are turned on.
6 >
7 > that was a great explanation however irrelevant it may have been
8 >
9 > i guess we will have to make 'nocxx' a special case as we strip all other
10 > 'no*' USE flags from portage
11
12 Sorry, guys, but isn't that what "-FOO" is supposed to be for? If we
13 already have support for "-FOO", why then do we need a "noFOO" also?
14
15 Or is there some distinction I'm missing here?
19 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list