From: Maurice van der Pot <griffon26@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Final proposal: New alias maintainer-needed@g.o or some such (speak now or forever hold your peace ;) )
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2005 20:02:22
In Reply to: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Final proposal: New alias maintainer-needed@g.o or some such (speak now or forever hold your peace ;) ) by Maurice van der Pot
1 Alright, so seemant, tove, jakub and I talked about it some more on irc
2 and it seems we've reached a consensus. This doesn't solve all problems,
3 but it's a first step. We can talk about the next step(s) later.
6 Two new aliases will be made that bugs can be assigned to:
7
8 maintainer-needed@g.o
9 Used for packages that are already in the tree and that are in
10 desperate need of a maintainer.
11
12 maintainer-wanted@g.o
13 Used for newly submitted ebuilds that can be added to the tree if
14 there is someone willing to step up and maintain it.
15
16 The former address will be owned by the QA people, which means that if
17 bugs are assigned to maintainer-needed, it does not concern bug-wranglers.
18 The QA team will handle issues related to maintainer-needed.
19
20 Now we will have both an easy way to query for these two categories of
21 bug reports as well as a way to subscribe to any messages that concern
22 them.
23
24 Regards,
25 Maurice.
26
27 P.S.: There will probably be another message to notify everyone when
28 this has been set up.
31 Maurice van der Pot
32
33 Gentoo Linux Developer griffon26@g.o http://www.gentoo.org