From: Dan Armak <danarmak@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: KDE 3.1.0 RC2 still has odd kdm problem
Date: Sat, 09 Nov 2002 12:03:35
2 Hash: SHA1
3
4 I've wanted for some time to switch our kdebase ebuilds from patching/sedding
5 the kdmrc generated by genkdmconf to providing a mostly static one (for
6 tagged kde versions, anyway). This, to more easily incoroporate changes like
7 making it use all the files from /etc/X11/xdm to eliminate this problem. It
8 also makes it easier to throw in nice default settings like aa on by default,
9 maybe a Gentoo logo.
10
11 AFAICS from a brief perusal of genkdmconf.c, the files it generates only
12 change via #ifdefs on different OSs, and should be the same across all
13 linuxes, and certainly across all Gentoos. The only other case is that lilo
14 support is only enabled by default on x86, but we use grub by default anyway,
15 so I'l probably disable that by default.
16
17 So, I guess I'll do it now.
18